Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Here’s how it works: Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic for each Tuesday. If you check this link, you’ll find she’s assigned topics for several future weeks so you can plan ahead. She adds, “create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list . . . Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you!”
Each week Jana posts a Linky on her blog where you can (if you want) share a link to your post and check out other bloggers’ posts.
I had such a hard time whittling down this list that I’ve added an honorable mention section at the end.
The numbers on this list are not ranks, just a way of keeping count.
1. The Blind Assassin (2000) by Margaret Atwood (scroll down the linked page)
2. Where Are the Children? (1975) by Mary Higgins Clark
3. Middlesex (2002) by Jeffrey Eugenides (scroll down to 13)
4. Time and Again (1970) by Jack Finney
5. Emma (1815) by Jane Austen
6. The Pillars of the Earth (1989) by Ken Follett
7. Broken for You (2004) by Stephanie Kallos
8. The Secret Life of Bees (2002) by Sue Monk Kidd
9. Mystic River (2001) by Dennis Lehane
10. A Place of Execution (1999) by Val McDermid
Before I Go to Sleep (2011) by S.J. Watson
The Chatham School Affair (1996) by Thomas H. Cook (scroll down the page)
Still Alice (2008) by Lisa Genova
Cloud Atlas (2004) by David Mitchell
We Were the Mulvaneys (1996) by Joyce Carol Oates (scroll down to 11)
Gone to Soldiers (1987) by Marge Piercy
Plainsong (1999) by Kent Haruf (scroll down to 3)
Penmarric (1971) by Susan Howatch
© 2022 by Mary Daniels Brown