As with all my annual reading lists, this one comprises books I read in 2018, regardless of when they were published.
In past years I’ve limited my list to 15 books, broken down into the best (10) and honorable mention (5). This year I found it particularly hard to distinguish between those two divisions. I was tempted to present just a single list of 15 items, but, because of that hobgoblin of little minds—consistency—I did subdivide it. However, I won’t mind if you think of this presentation as a single list of 15 items.
Listed alphabetically by author’s last name:
- Connelly,Michael. Dark Sacred Night
- Ferrante, Elena. My Brilliant Friend
- Galbraith,Robert. Lethal White
- Grann, David. Killers of the Flower Moon
- Mandel, Emily St. John. Station Eleven
- Marra, Anthony. A Constellation of Vital Phenomena
- Ng, Celeste. Little Fires Everywhere
- Piercy, Marge. Gone to Soldiers
- Stein, Garth. The Art of Racing in the Rain
- Thomas, Angie. The Hate U Give
- Benjamin,Chloe. The immortalists
- Follett, Ken. A Column of Fire
- Ford, Jamie. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
- French, Tana. The Witch Elm
- Harper, Jane. Force of Nature
How about you?
Did you read any of the same books I did in 2018? If yes, what did you think of them?
And what’s on your list of the best books you read in 2018?
© 2019 by Mary Daniels Brown