Our favorite nonfiction spanned centuries and the world, and told stories of writers, princesses and great thinkers
As promised yesterday, Salon’s Laura Miller today presents her list of the five best nonfiction books of the year:
- Townie by Andre Dubus, III
- Love and Capital: Karl and Jenny Marx and the Birth of a Revolution by Mary Gabriel
- The Information: A Histsory, a Theory, a Flood by James Gleick
- Catherine the Great: The Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie
- Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
As with the fiction list, there are links to Salon’s review of each of these books. But unlike the fiction list, there is no extensive list of “honorable mentions,” unfortunately.