In an earlier post I mentioned that putting my books on GoodReads has reminded me of a lot of outstanding books that I’ve read in recent years but did not have time to review on Notes in the Margin. I was sure I’d remember a few more and, of course, I did.
So here’s another list. As before, there is no special meaning to the order in which books are listed, and all of these are books that I would rate either 4 or 5.
- Plainsong, Kent Haruf
- Empire Falls, Richard Russo
- I Know This Much Is True, Wally Lamb
- The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey through Madness, Elyn Saks
- The Drowning People, Richard Mason
- Still Alice, Lisa Genova
- Lucky: A Memoir, Alice Sebold