It’s time for another Classics Club Spin: Spin #21.
Here’s how it works:
I am to post a list of 20 titles of books as yet unread on my classics club list by next Monday, September 23rd. On that date the Classics Club will post a number. I then have until October 31st to read the book on my list with that number.
Here’s my list:
- Brookner, Anita. Hotel Du Lac
- Jackson, Shirley. Just an Ordinary Day: Stories
- Highsmith, Patricia. The Tremor of Forgery
- Cather, Willa. O Pioneers!
- Styron, William. Darkness Visible
- McEwan, Ian. Atonement
- Fowles, John. The French Lieutenant’s Woman
- Rendell, Ruth. The Crocodile Bird
- Agee, James. A Death in the Family
- Vonnegut, Kurt. Cat’s Cradle
- Howard, Elizabeth Jane. The Long View
- Piercy, Marge. Woman on the Edge of Time
- Connell, Evan S. Mr. Bridge
- James, Henry. The Beast in the Jungle
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor. Crime and Punishment
- Wharton, Edith. Ghost Stories
- Jewett, Sarah Orne. The Country of the Pointed Firs
- Hardy, Thomas. Far From the Madding Crowd
- Faulkner, William. Absalom, Absalom!
- Nabokov, Vladimir. Pale Fire
And now, we wait.
The lucky winner is #5. So I will be reading Darkness Visible by William Styron by October 31st.