It’s time for another CC Spin, The Classics Club Spin #20. Yes, this is the event that made me decide it was time to redo my entire Classics Club list. This spin is based on that new list.
Here’s the procedure: By Monday, April 22nd, I am to create a list of 20 books from my Classics Club list and post it here. On Monday the CC bloggers will choose and post the lucky number. I must then read the book with that number from my spin list by May 31st.
Check back here next week for the announcement of which book I’ll be reading.
- Brookner, Anita. Hotel Du Lac
- Jackson, Shirley. Just an Ordinary Day: Stories
- Highsmith, Patricia. The Tremor of Forgery
- Cather, Willa. O Pioneers!
- Styron, William. Darkness Visible
- McEwan, Ian. Atonement
- Fowles, John. The French Lieutenant’s Woman
- Rendell, Ruth. The Crocodile Bird
- Agee, James. A Death in the Family
- Sarton, May. Mrs. Stevens Hears the Mermaids Singing
- Howard, Elizabeth Jane. The Long View
- Piercy, Marge. Woman on the Edge of Time
- Connell, Evan S. Mr. Bridge
- James, Henry. The Beast in the Jungle
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor. Crime and Punishment
- Wharton, Edith. Ghost Stories
- Jewett, Sarah Orne. The Country of the Pointed Firs
- Hardy, Thomas. Far From the Madding Crowd
- O’Neill, Eugene. The Iceman Cometh
- Nabokov, Vladimir. Pale Fire
© 2019 by Mary Daniels Brown
Update: The Lucky Number Is . . .
So I will be reading The Iceman Cometh by Eugene O’Neill. I never think to grab a play to read (probably because there are very few plays on my shelves), so this is a good thing.
Look for my review some time before May 31st.