I love these Classics Spins because they get me reading the books on my list when I might otherwise avoid them.
Here’s how it works: I list 20 books here that I have yet to read from my original list of 50+ classics. Tomorrow, June 6, the Classics Club will announce a number, and I have to read whatever book on my list has that number.
So here’s my list:
- Masters, Edgar Lee. Spoon River Anthology (1915)
- Agee, James. A Death in the Family
- Wilson, Sloan. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit
- Steinbeck, John. Of Mice and Men
- Cather, Willa. O Pioneers!
- Smith, Dodie. I Capture the Castle (1948)
- Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice
- Fowles, John. The French Lieutenant’s Woman
- Tarkington, Booth. The Magnificent Ambersons
- Lewis, Sinclair. Babbit
- Styron, William. Darkness Visible (1990)
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor. Crime and Punishment
- Hardy, Thomas. Far From the Madding Crowd
- Adams, Richard. Watership Down
- Burns, Olive. Cold Sassy Tree
- O’Neill, Eugene. The Iceman Cometh
- James, Henry. The Beast in the Jungle
- Pym, Barbara. Excellent Women
- Nabokov, Vladimir. Pnin
- Woolf, Virginia. Mrs. Dalloway
And the Winner Is . . .
#15. So I will be reading Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Burns by August 1.
© 2016 by Mary Daniels Brown